01 Dec Filler Facts. What’s Best For Me?
Today there are a multitude of injectable dermal fillers being used in plastic surgery offices and medical day spas. It is always wise to educate yourself on what may be the next dermal filler used on you and why that was the one of choice.
Each dermal filler has its own special qualities to help restore volume and youthfulness to the face and in addition, each filler is chosen for certain areas by its own redeeming qualities.
A Run Down On Fillers
With all the dermal fillers on the market, it can be quite confusing to determine which should be used when. Of course, this is why we choose our medical day spa and staff wisely. But, here’s a brief overview of the many dermal fillers available.
- Juvederm XC / Juvederm Ultra XC – main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, adds volume and contour to the face, lasts about 2 years.
- Perlane / Perlane L – main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, reduces fine lines, plumps lips, adds volume to flattened areas, lasts up to 6 mo.
- Radiesse – main ingredient is calcium hydroxyapatite, treats moderate to severe wrinkles and folds, plumps cheekbones, last a year or more.
- Restylane – main ingredient is hyaluronic acid, enhances lips primarily, and improves moderate facial folds.
- Sculptra – main ingredient is Poly-L Lactic Acid, builds up cheeks and increases skin thickness. Not used on lips
Finding the right filler for you will depend on your budget, your doctor’s experience and preference, and your individual skin condition; such as amount of sun damage, elasticity and facial features. This is not a one size fits all procedure. Everyone is treated individually.
Contact Dr. Shaun Parson and The Parson Skin Center
Maybe you feel the time is right for you to dive into the arena of dermal fillers. The Parson Skin Center can guide you by educating you on the fillers, find the ones right for you, and explain why. Our expertise and knowledge will give you the results you have been hoping to see. Make your consultation today – 480-282-8386.